I am absolutely thrilled to share the powerful takeaways in this episode between Ashley and Jenna Phillips Ballard!
Jenna began her career in 2006 as a certified personal trainer and life coach for celebrities. Halfway through her career, she realized that she had a bigger calling. She’s on a mission to motivate and inspire as many people as possible to become leaders and make this world a better place.
Here are some of the main highlights and takeaways I got:
- The Universe will only hand you what you are ready for.
- Don’t focus so much on ‘the how’. Most details are irrelevant. Trust the process and that everything will unfold perfectly. Have a clear vision for what you want, but don’t overly focus on how you will get there. The answers will arrive as you go!
- Don’t let the imposter syndrome get to you. Jenna realized it wasn’t about what she had accomplished or how much she’d studied or not studied, it was her energy and who she was being that attracted the opportunities that came her way.
- Create powerful intentions. Your intention is what your thoughts, feelings and actions revolve around.
- We are all made from the same cloth. We all have the same fears and we all have the same doubts. We all have the same limitations and we all have the same capacity to break through all of it.
- Realize the immense power of your thoughts. Check in with yourself and look at the conversations you are continuously having and see if they serve you. If not, change your story to one that does! We can make up whatever story we want.
- Know everything happens for you, not to you.
- What you focus on is what you get. If you are focusing on lack, you will get more lack.
- Do not let fear consume your energy. F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real.
- When you start to spiral in the negative thoughts, recognize that it is not serving you and change your story. Trust that whatever is happening is happening for you.
- If you are thinking about something and wishing you had it, you are actually focusing on the gap and are pushing away that which you desire. Instead, think lightly about how lovely it would be to have (fill in the blank), and it will come into your life a lot faster because you have no attachment to it.
- Separation is an illusion. We are all connected. We experience what we choose to see in the world.
Jenna Phillips Ballard wants everyone to truly fall in love with themselves because she believes that self-love will heal this planet. She discovered the power of self-love when she made a full recovery from brain damage after waking up from a coma in 2000. Her commitment to making a full recovery depended solely on how she thought of herself, and she realized that her purpose is to empower others to break through their limiting beliefs and create an unforgettable life.
THE BEAUTY OF SHADOW WORK
Ashley asked Jenna to dive in and talk about what shadow work means to her and why she is so passionate about it. She said that shadow work is the most important thing to focus on when coaching someone because it takes you deeper than just the surface. It is about what really happened in your life that has you believing self-sabotaging thoughts. Shadow work allows you the opportunity to reframe and really develop a strong sense of emotional intelligence so that you are not run by sabotaging thoughts anymore.
Which is why Jenna Phillips Ballard and her husband created ALA, Ascension Leadership Academy, which is a deep transformational training. ALA consists of many moving parts but here are the basics:
- Emotional intelligence through experiential practice and training.
- Bringing your limiting thoughts and beliefs to the surface so you can gain power over them.
- A condensed and isolated experience where you’re able to have an awareness about yourself that you otherwise wouldn’t.
- It’s like the jet plane to get from where you are to where you want to be. It is the fastest way to access your dreams and break through your limiting beliefs.
- Dig deep, relive and reframe the context from experiences in your past that caused you to make up your current negative stories and beliefs.
- Uncover and release things you that you may not even know you’re holding on to.
What I really take away from this interview is that the most important thing to do in order to start the journey of living your absolute best life is to FACE your FEARS and your shadow! Create your OWN stories and lose the limiting beliefs.
Do you ever catch yourself spiraling in thoughts that don’t serve you? If that’s you and you are reading this post, it’s time for you to face your shadow. Don’t discount the power of really allowing yourself to dive deep and bring out the best version of you.
They share so many more powerful and tangible tools that I highly suggest listening to the full episode!